Solar energy as a competitive energy solution
South Africa is set to become a huge market for solar energy. Not in the future - but right now. Not as a result of government programmes - but because energy prices are rising rapidly. Another factor is the tremendous solar energy resources, the growing economy and consequently electricity demand. Electricity prices could double in the space of five years.
At the same time, the prices for solar modules and turnkey systems have dropped rapidly. Investment in solar PV systems is profitable today. Solar energy has become a competitive energy solution - without government support. Indeed, the South African market is about to boom - not only for large-scale utility projects under the government REIPP programme, but beyond that also, for roof applications in the business segment.
The conference "The Solar Future: South Africa" focus will be on competitive solar energy solutions that do not require government incentives or the REIPP programme. This unique high-level conference, expected to attract top-level management executives, will provide a platform to discuss the new demand dynamics of solar PV in SA.
- Developments in electricity prices are going to boost the solar energy market
- Attractive solar roof applications are going to become in South Africa
- Global solar industry developments will impact the cost of solar energy in SA
- The government policy and targets will create new market opportunities
- The energy utility programmes could empower your business
- The solar PV market in South Africa will develop over the next three years
- Private PPAs work and create a new future for large-scale project development
- Solar PV projects can be financed
- South Africa is going to experience a residential rooftop revolution
- A smart marketing strategy will empower your business
- Solar energy will become an inevitable solution in a country still dominated by coal.
What people said about The Solar Future: South Africa 2012
"Great organization, quality of information and presenters. The second networking day was very valuable. Overall a great experience, which helped me get a better understanding of the South African PV market."
Sales Director EMEA, Satcon
"The range and calibre of speakers was great. The event provided a good introduction to the market."
Sales Manager, Solar Century
"In 8 hours a complete update on the SA market."
Managing Director, Oskomera Solar Power Solutions
"The diversity of the different perspectives presented on the RFP process, the quality of the speakers and the networking opportunities were very valuable. Highly informative!"
Marketing Manager, Sustainable Power Solutions